Eamac History

A former church hall, built at the turn of the last century, Eamac stands in its own grounds with views overlooking the Norfolk Broads.

The property was purchased by the present owner (Chris Clutten 6th Dan BJJA GB) from the church diocese in 1993. Two months of repair work and decorating preceded the opening. This task, not unlike the maintenance of a certain well-known bridge, is on going. Most of the windows have now been replaced. 

When purchased only the main hall had any form of heating, this consisted of a series of three phase electric heaters sited around the walls.   These were removed and a Reznor hot air heated was installed (recently upgraded to a newer version). This has the capacity to heat the hall in a very short space of time and and leave the perimeter of the training area clear of obstruction such as radiators.

This photo was taken about 1994

This photo is circa 1909 taken outside hall, possibly when it was opened as the Church Institute. St Mark's Church is in the background.